Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hail to the Mysterious 3rd Roommate!

Hey there friends and mysterious 3rd roommate,

It's been a long while since I've posted anything. So here's an update on what's new in my life. I finished my second year in the doctorate program for counseling psychology at the University of Oklahoma. Only 2 more years to go (assuming dissertation and internship fall into place)! It's been quite a year. I began dating one of the doctorate students, Keeno, who is in the cohort behind us. We have enjoyed our time together and amazingly enough he loves all my quirks. Seriously...any man who can put up with that is a Godsend! But really, though, he is an amazing man with a heart that loves to give to others. I'm blessed to have him in my life. Another part of this year is that my cohort and I presented our pre-dissertation projects last week, and what a relief it was to have that completed. I presented on the impact of ropes courses on adolescent relationships. I plan to continue my study for dissertation, so I'm glad I won't have to reinvent at least a part of the wheel.

Another big development is that I'm looking for another roommate. Leslie, my roommate of 2 years, will be leaving to do travel nursing on the west coast and possibly leave the country to do some work in New Zealand. How exciting that will be! I'm very happy for her and hope this next phase in her life will bring about new and exciting adventures, which I'm confident will come. I'll be sad to see her go, but I know it's her time to branch out and explore other parts of the world. Michelle, our precious Michelle as Leslie and I like to call her, just finished her bachelors in Chinese and International Studies. What a year she has had! She founded OU's first ever Journal of Global Affairs this year and the premier volume ran in April. I'm so proud of her and her many accomplishments. She is enjoying time with family in Europe for the next month and is looking forward to the future. While I've enjoyed having her as a roommate, I'm sad to see her go too. I know both her and Leslie will do great and positively impact so many people.

So with Leslie and Michelle moving on to new chapters in their lives, I'm still here finishing my doctorate degree in Norman, America. Laura, my dear friend from my counseling psychology cohort, will be my 2nd roommate in my cozy little 4 bedroom, 2 bath house. She and her husband, Nick, will make the move to Norman in July. Nick is an officer in the Navy and will be leaving us to serve an 18 month term sometime between now and October. He could go at anytime, so that is why Laura will be moving in with me this year and as soon as she is. I know the time apart from Nick will be difficult. I can't imagine being apart from my husband for that long. It amazes me that we have so many military families that go through this. It's definitely an area that is underserved, and we could be doing so much more to help families that have loved ones serving our country in all parts of the world. While I know this will be difficult on both Laura Lou (my nickname for her) and Nick, I have faith that if any couple can do it they can! They are truly the best people you'll ever meet. So as Laura and I begin our year together...applying for internships, preparing for general exams, writing our prospectus, completing our speciality practicums, and boogying through our course work....we expect it will be a lot of work. But in my eyes, it's who you work with makes all the difference. And I am definitely in good company.


So with my 2nd roommate already lined up and ready to go, I'm looking for a 3rd roommate. It's been difficult finding one, but we are hopeful the right fit is right around the corner. Here's the nitty gritty of it all and my fancy advertisement: $365/month plus bills (which will be split between me, Laura Lou, and the 3rd roommate). Bills run about $75-$95 each month, depends on the month. My house is a 4 bedroom, 2 bath with large backyard. I've turned the 4th bedroom into an office since it is the smallest room. The house is within 10 minutes to OU campus. It has central heat/air, wireless internet, washer/dryer, dishwasher, and nice size closets. No animals please. It's warm and cozy and wants to be enjoyed and handled with care. It's in the East Ridge Housing Edition. Please check out the pictures and contact me at cgregg_40@ou.edu or call me at 405.641.5367 if you are interested or know someone who would be. To the mysterious potential 3rd roommate: I cannot wait to meet you! Call or write soon!

That's the latest...until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caley! I am interested in your house! I will be starting my master's this fall at OU. I tried emailing you but it said the email address was wrong. Please email me with more details!

    Jill - jillianksteele@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete